The ICF defines coaching as partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential.
What is the coach’s responsibility in the client-coach partnership?
A coach should:
- Discover, clarify, and align with what the client wants to achieve.
- Encourage client self-discovery.
- Elicit client-generated solutions and strategies.
- Hold the client responsible and accountable.
Life Coaches are trained to actively listen, to actively observe and to engage with their clients in a thought provoking way. Because they believe the client is naturally able to find the inner strength, enlightenment, and/or creativity to determine pathways to success, the coach serves as a support, walking along side the client. The goal in this journey is to assess:
- Where the client is
- Where the client would like to be
- What may be causing the client to stumble
- The best tract for the client to take to get to the place they would like to be.
Life Coaching is not defined as counseling, consulting, or mentoring.
- Counselors – heal emotions, deal with trauma, and medically diagnose.
- Consultants – offer hard core solution based advice predicated on past experience or knowledge.
- Mentors – Share from their own experience, mold based on an important, I have gone there before premise.
- Life Coaching is defined as walking with clients in forward movement, defining obsticles, and allowing the client to foster a plan for success.
You hire a coach to achieve your personal, spiritual, and business goals. With a coach it is possible to achieve success and forward momentum with a higher level impact leading to a greater level of completion, while having much more fun than with other types of improvement processes.
Just as it is with athletics (who have used coaches for generations now) your coach will come along side you- but it is you who does the work. An effective coach will help you to discover obstacles, overcome fears, and identify personalized solutions. In this highly productive environment you will have someone to bounce ideas off of, ask you questions that will afford a deep level of self discovery, and most importantly accomplish more than you could ever imagine. Your coach will encourage balance, and strategic adjustments while truly empowering you to uncover and become the person you have always been capable of becoming.
You Should Consider a Consultant When you:
- Have tried to do it on your own, with your own resources and it just isn’t working
- Do not have the internal personnel or tangible resources to complete a task or project.
- Need confirmation that your direction will yield results.
- Want the best path possible toward a goal.
- Have a problem that continues to sidetrack your success.
- You want to improve your product and/or service.
- Need a fresh set of experienced eyes, with fresh ideas and a fresh perspective.
- Want to increase profitability.
- Need to know if it “can be done”, “should be done”, or “has been done”.
Please feel free to contact Lisa for a complimentary discovery meeting in order to asses your needs, and determine if our consulting services will benefit you, your organization, or your ministry.